Friday, February 1, 2013

Christmas Day

David's apartment was on the 14th floor and stayed plenty warm. That's all I can figure out for pantless Elyse, but what I can't figure out is why we didn't her pants back on for pictures that we would have FOREVER. Oh well.



I woke up Christmas morning feeling like absolute crud. I got up long enough to watch the kids open their presents, then went back to bed until after noon. I got up to do some meal prep, then back to bed. It's sad I spent most of Christmas Day in bed but I felt so yucky. David his traditional lamb, we had ham, cornbread casserole, sweet potato casserole, fresh green beans and rolls. Last year I used several Southern Living recipes, and this year I used the Pioneer Woman's recipes. I just love her recipes. I didn't have much of an appetite, but got up to eat anyway, then back to bed. We didn't even worry about the mess until a few days later.



The best gift we received was being able to be together as a family. David has missed several birthdays and other holidays as he has been away for work, but we haven't missed a Christmas yet!

1 comment:

sladefamilyaz said...

So glad y'all got to be together for Christmas!